Tuesday 17 May 2016

number theory - Evaluating Prime counting function using Riemann's R-function and zeros of Zeta function

Prime counting function can be expressed as follows:
$\pi(x) = \operatorname{R}(x) - \sum_{\rho}\operatorname{R}(x^{\rho}) \tag{1}$
where R(x) is Riemann's R-function and $\rho$-s are zeros of Riemann zeta function. I am able to evaluate R(x) for any x. I can also evaluate the sum over trivial zeros of zeta function, which converges rapidly. The problem I have is evaluating the sum over the non-trivial zeros. It seems to diverge. I always read somewhere that including more non-trivial zeros you get more accurate approximation of $\pi(x)$. But for me the best approximate is not using any zeros $\pi(x) \sim \operatorname{R}(x)$.



When I use no zeros $\pi(x) \sim \operatorname{R}(x)$ I get blue line (see image).



When I use first pair of nontrivial zeros $\pi(x) \sim \operatorname{R}(x)-(\operatorname{R}(x^{\rho_1})+\operatorname{R}(x^{\rho_{-1}}))$ I get yellow line.




When I use first two pairs of nontrivial zeros $\pi(x) \sim \operatorname{R}(x)-(\operatorname{R}(x^{\rho_1})+\operatorname{R}(x^{\rho_{-1}})+\operatorname{R}(x^{\rho_2})+\operatorname{R}(x^{\rho_{-2}}))$ I get green line (same image).
(Red line is $\pi(x)$)



With more zeros it gets worse and worse, but the apposite should be true. What am I doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...