Wednesday 6 March 2019

calculus - How do I solve this indeterminate limit without the L'hospital rule?



I've been trying to solve this limit without L'Hospital's rule because I don't know how to use derivates yet. So I tried rationalizing the denominator and numerator but it didn't work.



$$\lim\limits_{x\to 4} \frac{ \sqrt{2x+1}-3 }{ \sqrt{x-2}-\sqrt{2} }$$



By the way, the answer is supposed to be $\frac{2\sqrt{2}}{3}$.


Answer



$$\lim_{x\to 4} \frac{\sqrt{2x+1}-3}{\sqrt{x-2}-\sqrt{2}} \\ = \lim_{x\to 4} \frac{2(x-4)(\sqrt{x-2}+\sqrt{2})}{(x-4)(\sqrt{2x+1}+3)} \\ = \lim_{x\to 4} \frac{2(\sqrt{x-2}+\sqrt{2})}{(\sqrt{2x+1}+3)} \\ = \frac{2\sqrt 2}{3}$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...