I already know about the relation between a circle and the square root of a certain number. It looks like this
, where $b=\sqrt{x}$ and is actually very interesting. I wanted to check if I could take the image, and basically "write it down" in math form to come up with a, maybe useless, formula for the square root of $x$. The one I came up with is$$
\sqrt{x}=\frac{(x+1)\sin(\arccos\big(\frac{x-1}{x+1}\big))}{2}
$$ Now this formula is kinda long, and I want to know if, first of all, it is correct, and also if there is any possible way to simplify it without using a square root to achieve this, because that would be contradictory.
Thursday, 28 March 2019
geometry - Formula to calculate a square root
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment