Tuesday 16 April 2019

sequences and series - Find the converging limit?




I'm trying to solve this problem from the text but I can't seem to figure out how to exactly approach it. It says,




Find the limit of the convergent sequence,
$(\sqrt{2}-1)^n$ as n goes from 1 to $\infty$




I'm assuming I have to find the value of the sequence as n goes to infinity by applying the limit, but since its to the power n, I'm having bit of a trouble simplifying it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.


Answer




Note $0<\sqrt 2-1<1$. What do you know about $r^n$ if $|r|<1$?


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...