Sunday 30 August 2015

Having trouble understanding Series and Sequences

So all I could get from my teachers thick accent in class today is that:



A sequence is finite and converges when bounded by x?



and



A series is infinite and diverges because no matter how small the function gets, it will never reach zero?



I'm sorry. I'm really having a hard time understanding the concept. For example. This picture... !

$$\begin{align}
s_1 &= a_1\\
s_2 &= a_1+a_2\\
s_3 &= a_1+a_2+a_3\\
s_4 &= a_1+a_2+a_3+a_4\\
&\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\,\vdots\\
s_n &=a_1+a_2+a_3+a_4+\cdots+a_n=\sum_{i=1}^na_i
\end{align}$$



I don't the last part involving the sigma. How is that to the statments before it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...