Friday 26 April 2013

calculus - How can I solve these trigonometric limits without using L'Hopital's Rule?



Problems with corresponding solutions




I don't understand why #1 is "does not exist" as opposed to 0. I also don't know how to begin solving #2 and #3. When I look it up, the only solutions involve L'Hopital's Rule but my teacher hasn't taught us it yet so I can't use it. Any help is appreciated!


Answer



For the first one the expression under the radical sign is negative for $\theta \ne \pi/2 $ so it is not real.



For the second one multiply top and bottom by $1-\cos \pi x$ and turn the top into $\sin^2 \pi x$



Then write the $\tan ^2 \pi x$of the bottom in terms of $ \sin \pi x$ and $\cos \pi x$ and cancel the $\sin ^2 \pi x$ from top and bottom.



The rest is easy.




The third one is similar to the second one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...