Wednesday 24 April 2013

general topology - Order type between two sets and bijection?

I want to show that $$ \{1,2\}\times Z_+\ \text{and} \ Z_+ \times\{1,2\}\ \text{have different order type}$$



If we define $$f(i,j)=(j,i)\ \text{for}\ i\ \text{in }\{1,2\}\ \text{and} \ j\ \text{in}\ Z_+$$



It seems like that this is bijective map between two sets.



However, to show that they are not order isomorphic, how shall I start to show that bijection does not preserve ordering?




It seems like that the way I defined the bijection is not the only way.



I am wondering if there exists any bijection between two sets and that bijection does not preserve order, can I conclude that they have different order type?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...