Sunday 14 April 2013

calculus - Is this series $sumlimits_{n=0}^infty frac{1+sin n}{10^n}$ divergent or convergent?

I've been stuck with this problem for a couple of days trying to solve it but got no where till now. The problem states that we have to prove if the series given below is convergent or divergent, if possible use the limit comparison test.




$$\sum_{n=0}^\infty \frac{1+\sin n}{10^n}$$




I'm honestly stuck with this, I managed to pass the limit comparison test by assuming $b_n=\frac{n}{10^n}$ but then stuck with trying to find if the series $b_n$ is convergent. Can someone please help me out? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...