Monday 19 August 2013

calculus - Proving $ lim_{xtoinfty}frac{sqrt xcos(x-x^2)}{x+1} = 0. $



I have to prove that
$$ \lim_{x\to\infty}\frac{\sqrt x\cos(x-x^2)}{x+1} = 0. $$



I tried squaring both the denominator and numerator to get rid of $\sqrt{x}$ but then $\cos$ becomes $\cos^2$ and I do not know how to solve it/simplify it further.



I have also tried to use the squeeze theorem with $a_n = 0$, and $$ b_n =\frac{\sqrt x\cos(x-x^2)}{x+1}, $$ but to no avail. I could not find another function that is greater than $b_n$ that has a limit of $0$.


Answer



Note that




$$-\frac{\sqrt x}{x+1}\le \frac{\sqrt x\cos(x-x^2)}{x+1}\le\frac{\sqrt x}{x+1}$$



and



$$\frac{\sqrt x}{x+1}\to 0$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...