Thursday 22 August 2013

modular arithmetic - Divisibility tests, finding the value of two missing numbers in a message.

I was checking the following divisibility tests exercise:




You receive a message from an extraterrestrial alien, who is calculating
$43434343^{2}$. The answer is $18865ab151841649$, where the two digits represented
as a and b were lost in transmission. Use congruences $mod$ $9$ and
$mod$ $11$ to determine the answer to this fundamental problem.




I've been trying to start changing the required numbers on

$18865ab151841649$, the sum term by term is $67$, so we need



$a+b$ $=$ $5$ to reach $72$ multiple of $9$, we have six couples:



$(3,2)$ $(2,3)$ $(4,1)$ $(1,4)$ $(5,0)$ $(0,5)$



After that what I tried to do is to check each couple with the divisibility test for 11, but none of them worked by substracting the amount on even positions to odd positions. Any help will be really appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...