Consider the function $f:R \to R$ $$f(x+y)=f(x)+f(y)$$
which is known as Cauchy's functional equation. I know that if $f$ is monotonic, continuous at one point, bounded, then the only solutions are $f(x)=cx,~ \forall c$ But once I successfully derived Cauchy's functional equation from a problem, and I know it's an involution, bijective, as well as an odd function. How can I derive (if possible) that $f(x)=x$ is the only solution?
Saturday, 17 August 2013
Cauchy's functional equation -- additional condition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment