I want to ask something about the definition of derivative. If we have a function like this $ f(x) =
\begin{cases}
x^2+1 & \quad \text{if } x<0 \\
\cos x & \quad \text{if } x\ge 0\\
\end{cases}
$
and we want to compute the derivetive in $x_0=0$ why is necessary to compute this with the definition of derivative? It will be wrong to find the the derivative of $ x^2+1$ and of $\cos x$ with types and to compute in $x_0=0$? Could you give me an example which is compute only with the limit and it is not compute with formulas? Thanks in advance
Thursday, 22 August 2013
real analysis - Derivative of a piecewise defined function
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment