Monday 16 November 2015

calculus - Positive twice differential decreasing function, is it convex?

If g is a positive, twice differentiable function that is decreasing and has limit zero at infinity, does g have to be convex? I am sure, from drawing a graph of a function which starts off as being concave and then becomes convex from a point on, that g does not have to be convex, but can someone show me an example of an actual functional form that satisfies this property?



We know that since g has limit at infinity, g cannot be concave, but I am sure that there is a functional example of a function g:[0,∞)↦(0,∞) which is increasing, has limit zero at infinity, and is not everywhere convex, I just can't come up with it. Any ideas?



Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...