Saturday 28 November 2015

exponential function - Intuitive Understanding of the constant "$e$"

Potentially related-questions, shown before posting, didn't have anything like this, so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.


I know there are many ways of calculating (or should I say "ending up at") the constant e. How would you explain e concisely?



It's a rather beautiful number, but when friends have asked me "what is e?" I'm usually at a loss for words -- I always figured the math explains it, but I would really like to know how others conceptualize it, especially in common-language (say, "English").





related but not the same: Could you explain why $\frac{d}{dx} e^x = e^x$ "intuitively"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...