Monday 23 November 2015

Prove sequence using induction



$a_1=1$, $a_{n+1} = 3 a_n^2$.




Prove for all positive integers, $a_n\leq{3^{2^n}}$ using induction.



My work so far:



Base case is true (1 < 9)



Induction Hypothesis: $a_k\leq{3^{2^k}}$



IS: prove that n = k+1 is true




I'm stuck because I just can't seem to prove the induction step. Any help is appreciated.


Answer



We need to show the stronger condition



$$a_n\leq{3^{2^n-1}}(\leq{3^{2^n}})$$



and therefore assuming as Induction Hypothesis $a_k\leq{3^{2^k-1}}$ we have



$$a_{k+1}=3a_k^2\stackrel{Ind. Hyp.}\leq 3\cdot (3^{2^{k}-1})^2={3^{2^{k+1}-1}}$$




Refer also to the related




No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...