Thursday 19 December 2019

abstract algebra - If $G to G'$ are isomorphic groups, then $|Aut(G)| = |$ all isomophisms $G to G'|$.

I'm having trouble proving this.



If $G$ is finite (which is not given) with $|G| = N$, then $Aut(G)$ can be seen as a symmetry group with order $N!$, so there are $N!$ possible isomorphisms $G \to G'$. So intuitively I understand why $|Aut(G)| = |$all isomorphisms $G \to G'|$.



My first thought was, try to find a bijection between $Aut(G)$ and $H = \{$all isomorphism $G \to G'\}$, by using a fixed $f: G \to G'$. But now I'm stuck.



I'm not looking for a proof, but rather some more insight/help with the thought process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...