Wednesday 25 December 2019

trigonometry - Modulus of tangent of complex number



I need to find real, imaginary parts of $\tan(x+yi)$ and the modulus of it. I have:
$$\operatorname{Re}(\tan(x+yi))={\frac{\sin2x}{\cos2x+\cosh2x}}$$
and
$$\operatorname{Im}(\tan(x+yi))={\frac{\sinh2y}{\cos2x+\cosh2x}}$$



I know that $|Z|={\sqrt{\operatorname{Re}^2+\operatorname{Im}^2}}$. But when I calculate with the results I've got, I don't get the actual answer on the book, which is $${\sqrt{{\frac{\cosh2y-\cos2x}{\cosh2y+\cos2x}}}}$$


Answer




You can observe that
\begin{align}
\sin^22x+\sinh^22y
&=1-\cos^22x+\cosh^22y-1\\
&=\cosh^22y-\cos^22x\\
&=(\cosh2y+\cos2x)(\cosh2y-\cos2x)
\end{align}


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...