Tuesday 27 October 2015

complex analysis - A definite integral of the exponential of cos

During some calculs, I came across the following definite integral,
$$\int_0^{2\pi} \frac{\sin^2 \theta}{1+b\cos\theta} \exp(a\cos\theta) d\theta$$
with $a$ and $b$ constants. I tried to look it up in the Gradshteyn and Ryzhik, for example in Section 3.93: Trigonometric and exponential functions of trigonometric functions, but find nothing helpful. I also tried the Poisson Integral via complex analyse, apparently the exponential function is a little particular, if it's a $\log$ function instead of $\exp$ that's done, but with exponential I have not yet found the solution.



Thanks in advance if anyone has any idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...