Wednesday 21 October 2015

logarithms - How to solve exponents using log?



How can I solve an exponent in a equation using base 10 logarithm tables?
For an example,
$$a = b^x$$
can be written as $$ \log_{10} a= x\log_{10}b $$

$$ x = \frac{ \log_{10}b }{\log_{10}a} $$
After this point I can refer values for $\log a$ and $\log b$ from the table. From this point how can I solve to get $x$. Can I subtract values since log division is subtraction??? Or should I take antilog. I'm Kinda stuck here Can Anyone help?


Answer



It seems like you're pretty much done. For example, let's say you've found $\log_{10}b = 6$ and $\log_{10}a = 2$. Then $x = \frac{6}{2} = 3$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...