Monday 19 October 2015

Simplify arbitrary union expression in set theory

Let $A_k$ be the the set $A_k=\left\{x\in\left.\mathbb{R}\right|x^2-\left(4k+1\right)x+4k^2+2k<0\right\}$



I need to find a simplified way to rewrite the following group : $\mathbb{R}\setminus\left(\bigcup_{k\in z} A_k\right)$




By simplified I mean - not using arbitrary union or arbitrary intersection



The only equality I could think of is the following:$$\mathbb{R}\setminus\left(\bigcup_{k\in z} A_k\right) = \bigcup_{k\in z}\left[2k+1,2k+2\right]$$
But I still had to use arbitrary union, which I can't.



I would appriciate your assitance with finding the answer and prove the equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...