Friday 17 March 2017

elementary number theory - Find a function $M$ such that $M(x)=1 forall xneq 0$ and $M(0)=0$

Find a function $F$ from $S*S$ to $\{0,1\}$ where $S$ is the set of first $12$ positive integers such that :




$$F(a,b) = \begin{cases}0 &, \text{for $b \ge a$}\\ 1 & \text{otherwise }. \end{cases}$$



My Attempt:



$$F(a,b)=\left\lfloor\frac{a+12}{b+12}\right\rfloor G(a,b)$$



Let $G(a,b)=M(a-b)$,
Now we have to find a function $M$ from $S \cup P\cup {0}$($P$ is the set of first twelve negaive integers) to $(1,0)$ such that $M(0)=0$ and $M(x) =1 \forall x>1$



Since the limit does not exist at $0$ ,therefore I can't use trig or exponential function s etc.




Any help in direction would be appreciated.



PS: keep it as simple as possible. I am willing to use $\mod,floor$ and $abs$ to construct $M$

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...