Let $f(x) = \frac4\pi \cdot (\sin x + \frac13 \sin (3x) + \frac15 \sin (5x) + \dots)$. If for $x=\frac\pi2$, we have
$$f(x) = \frac{4}{\pi} ( 1 - \frac13 +\frac15 - \frac17 + \dots) = 1$$
then obviously :
$$ 1 - \frac13 +\frac15 - \frac17 + \dots=\frac{\pi}{4}$$
Now how can we prove that:
$$\frac{\pi^2}{8} = 1 + \frac1{3^2} +\frac1{5^2} + \frac1{7^2} + \dots$$
Tuesday, 28 March 2017
sequences and series - how can we show $frac{pi^2}{8} = 1 + frac1{3^2} +frac1{5^2} + frac1{7^2} + …$?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
No comments:
Post a Comment