Wednesday 11 September 2013

Help needed on laurent series for a complex function

I'm struggling to understand the ways in which one could find the laurent series and there for the residuals for:




Find the Laurent series expansion and residue at
$$
\left(\frac{z}{z-1}\right)^2
$$
for $z = 1$





Any help that could be provided as to where to start would be appreciated. I attempted differentiating the Laurent series expansion for



$$
\frac{1}{z-1}
$$



Aswell as trying to multiply out the coefficients of the Laurent expansion for




$$
\frac{1}{z-1}
$$



But have had no luck whatsoever and just get myself into a state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...