Monday 21 April 2014

functional analysis - Prove sets of continuous mappings are the same


Let $C([0,T];C(\overline{U}))$ denote the set of all continuous functions $u:[0,T]\rightarrow C(\overline{U})$ with
$$\|u\|_{C([0,T];C(\overline{U}))}:=\max_{0\leqslant t \leqslant T} \|u(t)\|<\infty$$



Prove that $C([0,T];C(\overline{U}))=C([0,T]\times \overline{U})$





I am skeptical this is even true. I feel like we could apply a theorem from topology regarding the product space, but am having little success. Not really sure how to approach such a problem. Are there any counter examples that disprove the above? Any help would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...