Thursday 24 April 2014

limit of sequence with factorial



How do you show that:
$\lim\limits_{n\to \infty} \frac{\left(\frac{n}{2}\right)^{\frac{n}{2}}}{n!}=0$
using the squeeze theorem (I'd like to avoid using Stirling's formula, too). I tried rearranging it a bit into $\lim\limits_{n\to \infty} \frac{\left(\sqrt{n}\right)^{n}}{\left(\sqrt{2}\right)^{n}n!}$ , but i can't really figure out what to do next. Thanks!


Answer



The desired limit is equivalent to




$$lim_{n->\infty} {\frac{n^n}{(2n)!}}$$



Since



$$n^n < 2n*(2n-1)*...*(n+1)$$



we have the majorant



$$\frac{1}{n!}$$




which clearly tends to 0, if n tends to infinity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...