I'm just doing some assignments and I was a little confused by this, could someone explain why the second equation is not equal like the first one? From what I've learned, if you take the inverse you switch the exponential sign (positive to neg for example)
$$\frac{3^{1}} {1^{}} = \frac{1^{}} {3^{-1}}$$
$$\frac{1^{1}} {3^{}} ≠ \frac{3^{}} {1^{-1}}$$
Tuesday, 29 April 2014
algebra precalculus - Question about Properties of Exponents
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment