Monday 11 July 2016

calculus - Why does $frac{1}{2}lim_{x to 0}frac{x}{sin x}$ equal to $frac{1}{2}frac{1}{lim_{x to 0}frac{sin{x}}{x}}$?




I've come across the following transformation:



$$\frac{1}{2}\lim_{x \to 0}\frac{x}{\sin x}=\frac{1}{2}\frac{1}{\lim_{x \to 0}\frac{\sin{x}}{x}}$$



But I can't quite understand why and how it works. I would be grateful if someone explained why it's correct.



Thanks!


Answer



The function $x\mapsto \frac1x$ is continuous. Therefore, for any function $f(x)$ and any value $a\in[-\infty,\infty]$, we have $$\lim_{x\to a}\frac1{f(x)}=\frac1{\lim_{x\to a}f(x)}$$as long as any of the expressions exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...