Thursday 28 July 2016

trigonometry - Complex argument and nyquist plot

I'm trying to sketch the nyquist plot of
$$\frac{j\omega-1}{j\omega+1}$$
but can't seem to calculate the argument correctly. I think it should be $$\arctan(-\omega) - \arctan(\omega) = -2\arctan(\omega)$$ but this doesn't give the correct nyquist plot behaviour for $\omega \to 0$ and $\omega \to \infty$ - surely $-2\arctan(\omega)$ implies that $\lim_{x\to 0} = 0^\circ$ and $\lim_{x\to \infty} = -180^\circ$?



Wolfram Alpha disagrees but I can't see where I'm going wrong. Am I making a glaring error somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks very much

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...