Sunday 13 November 2016

elementary set theory - Bijective function with different domain and co-domain element count

To be bijective is to be both injective and surjective.



Which in other words, have to have a one-on-one match right?



Then how am I supposed to come up with a bijective function if the domain has a even number of naturals and the co-domain has a odd number of naturals?



For example, if the Domain: $\{0,1\}$ | Co-domain: $\{3,4,5\}$ ==> even in this situation, it will not be surjective because not all of the co-domain are hit, and it can't be that an element in the domain hits two or more elements in the codomain because then it won't be injective!




Please help me find one if its even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...