Wednesday 23 November 2016

soft question - Examples of mathematical induction

What are the best examples of mathematical induction available at the secondary-school level---totally elementary---that do not involve expressions of the form $\bullet+\cdots\cdots\cdots+\bullet$ where the number of terms depends on $n$ and you're doing induction on $n$?



Postscript three years later: I see that I phrased this last part in a somewhat clunky way. I'll leave it there but rephrase it here:






--- that are not instances of induction on the number of terms in a sum?





No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...