Sunday 13 November 2016

elementary set theory - Order type relation in poset and well ordered sets



I just read the definition:
Two partial ordered sets X and Y are said to be similar iff there a bijective function from X to Y such that for f(x) < f(y) to occur a necessary and sufficient condition is x < y.
As much as I can understand necessary and sufficient is required because elements may not be comparable and it may occur f(x) < f(y).(this is from book Naive Set Theory by Halmos)



But I also remember that there was same definition for well ordered sets i.e. 'Two well ordered sets X and Y are said to be similar iff there a bijective function from X to Y such that for f(x) < f(y) to occur a necessary and sufficient condition is x < y'



I think we don't need necessary and sufficient condition here. Only necesssary or sufficient condition will be enough. Am I right?


Answer




You are right! If $x

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...