Wednesday 12 April 2017

geometry - Calculate center coordinates of circles surrounding a larger circle

I want to draw, say, 8 smaller circles that are adjacent to the big circle the edge of a big circle, similar to this picture.
enter image description here



I know the center coordinates of the bigger circle $(A, B)$, its radius $(R)$,radius of the smaller circles $(r)$, and the number of circles I want to draw $(n)$.




My question is very similar to the one discussed there, with one exception. I want a formula that calculates center coordinates of circles adjacent, not those on the edge of a bigger circle.
Mathematics is not my strongest side (to say the least), so I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...