Sunday 23 June 2013

calculus - Feynman technique of integration for $int^infty_0 expleft(frac{-x^2}{y^2}-y^2right) dx$

I've been learning a technique that Feynman describes in some of his books to integrate. The source can be found here:



http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-304-undergraduate-seminar-in-discrete-mathematics-spring-2006/projects/integratnfeynman.pdf



The first few examples are integrals in $x$ and $y$ variables, and I can't see a good way to simplify them using differentiation, particularly the example:




$$\int^\infty_0 \exp\left(\frac{-x^2}{y^2}-y^2\right) dx$$

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...