Thursday 27 June 2013

elementary number theory - How to use the Chinese Remainder theorem to solve a system of congruences

In my class the exact test of the Chinese Remainder Theorem we learned stated
\begin{align*}
x &\equiv a_1 \pmod{n_1}\\
x &\equiv a_2 \pmod{n_2}\\
...\\
x &\equiv a_L \pmod{n_L}.
\end{align*}
has a unique solution modulo the product $n_1n_2...n_L$ if all the $n$'s are pairwise relatively prime.




How does this help us solve the following question. Other sources say to use a product $M$ along with $M_1,M_2,...$ all of which are absent in the text of my CRT



Find the smallest positive integer $x$ so that
\begin{align*}
x &\equiv 3 \pmod{7}\\
x &\equiv 12 \pmod{11}\\
x &\equiv 5 \pmod{13}.
\end{align*}

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...