Wednesday 12 June 2013

combinatorics - Alternative Proof for ${nchoose k}$ is integer

I have seen different type of induction proofs on this case, but trying an alternative approach I tried Induction to show that ${n\choose k}$ in binomial coefficient is an integer, where both n and k are non-negative integers.



Base case: For k = 0, ${n\choose 0}$ = 1, and is integer.



Inductive Hypothesis: For k= n-1, Assume ${n\choose n-1}$ is integer. (That's not even assumption but a fact, in fact.)




Finally, induction: For k = n, ${n\choose n}$ is integer because it's 1.



Is this a proof? Is this a thing? What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...