Friday 21 June 2013

calculus - What is the limit of the sequence $ (frac{3-4n}{1+n})(1+frac1n)^n $?




I am trying to find the limit of the sequence
$$
\left(\frac{3-4n}{1+n}\right)\left(1+\frac1n\right)^n
$$
I am aware that if one sequence converges and another sequence converges then the multiplication of two sequences also converge. The limit of the first sequence is $-4$. However I do not know how to calculate the limit of the second sequence.


Answer



Here is one approach
$$ \left( 1+\frac{1}{n}\right)^{n}=e^{ n \ln(1+\frac{1}{n}) } = e^{ n (\frac{1}{n}-\frac{1}{2 n^2}+\dots) } = e^{1-\frac{1}{2n}+\dots}\underset{\infty}{\longrightarrow} e $$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...