Friday 21 June 2013

Symbol for reflecting complex numbers in the imaginary axis

A bar or star symbol is used for reflecting in the real axis (i.e. complex conjugate).



Is there a commonly (or not so commonly) used symbol for inverting the sign of the real part (i.e. reflecting in the Im-axis) ?



I'm thinking of a situation in which reflections in the axes are the main concepts. Let's use ~z and z*. In this situation -z wouldn't be a main concept but if needed could be written as -z=~z*. Rather than just make up ~z, I wanted to know if there was already a symbol for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...