Saturday 29 June 2013

sequences and series - Converges or diverges $sum_{n=1}^infty frac{ln n}{sqrt n}$?



I was trying to find if the series $\sum_{n=1}^\infty \frac{\ln n}{\sqrt n}$converges or diverges. First, I tried ratio test and got the limit as 1. I tried Limit Comparison Test's and I only got 0's and $\infty$'s. Then I tried using $n\geq \ln n$ for Direct Comparison Tests, but I could not find a result. Can you help me to see what am I missing?


Answer



Note that $\sum 1/n^p$ diverges for all $p<1$.



So, the summand is lower bounded by $1/\sqrt{n}$ and is non-negative, so by the comparison test to $\sum 1/\sqrt{n}$ it diverges.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...