Friday 28 February 2014

summation - Sum the series $(1^2+1)1! + (2^2+1)2! + (3^2+1)3! cdots + (n^2+1)n!$

Problem:



Sum the series: $$(1^2+1)1! + (2^2+1)2! + (3^2+1)3! \cdots + (n^2+1)n!$$



Source: A book on algebra.I came across this interesting looking series and decided to tackle it.




My try :



All I have tried is taking the $r^{th}$ term and summing it, but in vain:
$$ T_r = (r^2+1)r!$$
$$T_r = r^2\cdot r! + r!$$
Now I don't know how to sum either of these terms.I'm not familiar with uni level math as I'm a high school student. All help appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...