Thursday 13 February 2014

integration - What's the purpose of this formula?



Just found this image on the web:



enter image description here




Can anyone explain what's the meaning (if any) of this formula?



(I did a Google image search but found no answer)


Answer



It's the natural approach to calculate an integral :
Splitting your segment in tiny pieces so that you can make the approximation that the value of your function on each of these segments is constant.



Note that this approach has a lot of applications : I have OFDM in mind but there are a lot more.



The following gif came from here




Integral


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...