Let $X$ be a non-negative random variable. I have an upper bound for $E(1/X)$, for instance,
$$ E\left(\frac 1X \right) \le a^{-\alpha n}$$
with $a, \alpha$ positive constants, $n\rightarrow +\infty$. I am interested in finding an upper bound for
$$ E\left(\frac 1{X^p} \right)$$
where $p\ge 2$ using the assumption on $E(1/X)$. My question is: there exists an inequality to an upper bound of $E(1/X^p)$ which is related to $E(1/X)$. In this case, the Jensen's just give us an lower bound since $f(E[X]) \le E[f(X)]$. Thank you for any answer.
Tuesday, 1 April 2014
statistics - Inequality for inverse random variable
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment