Sunday 24 August 2014

calculus - How do I solve $lim_{x to infty} x(e^{(1/x)}-1)$ without L'Hopital?



I don't have experience with L'Hopital Rule nor series and thats what most solution are, is there is other method can be used to solve that limit? i thought about trying to use first principle of derivative but i dont know where to begin. i need some help to guide me to the right direction.


Answer



This is precisely $$\lim_{x \to +\infty} \frac{\exp\left(\frac 1x\right) - 1}{\frac 1x} = \lim_{u \to 0^{+}} \frac{\exp\left(u \right) - 1}{u}$$



Does that remind you of some derivative?


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...