The question asks for the PDF of $$Y=(X_1)^2+(X_2)^2$$
Given that $X_1$ and $X_2$ are independent standard normal variables.
I found that the pdf for $(X_i)^2$ is
$$f_{X^2}(x) = \frac{1}{2\pi}e^{-x/2} x^\frac{1}{2}$$ for $x \geq 0$.
But I'm stuck on what to do next.
Friday, 22 August 2014
probability - Finding the PDF of the sum of two independent standard normal variables
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment