I am recently struck upon this question that asks to find the sum until infinite terms
$$\frac{1}{2\cdot 4}+\frac{1\cdot3}{2\cdot4\cdot6}+\frac{1\cdot3\cdot5}{2\cdot4\cdot6\cdot8}+.....∞$$
I tried my best to get something telescoping or something useful, but I failed. I even made a recurrence as $t_n=t_{n-1}\frac{2n-1}{2n+2}$, but this question was expected to be done with simple logic of series (Also that the recurrence on solving gives a higher order charasteristic polynomial, which might be difficult to solve without calculator). So, thus I ended up being confused with this question. So, can anyone prode a small solution to this (might be easy) problem .
Monday, 18 August 2014
Sum of the series $frac{1}{2cdot 4}+frac{1cdot3}{2cdot4cdot6}+dots$
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
No comments:
Post a Comment