Wednesday 24 August 2016

arithmetic - Geometric series word problem help?

Philip received 75 points on a project for school. He can make changes and receive two-tenths of the missing points back. He can make corrections as many times as he wants. Create the formula for the sum of this geometric series and explain your steps in solving for the maximum grade Philip can receive. Identify this as converging or diverging.





  • The formula would be $$S_n= \frac{a_1-a_1r^n}{ 1-r}$$



    but am I missing something and how do I find $n$? Is it diverging?


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...