Saturday 20 August 2016

real analysis - Finite positive measure




I currently don't find any approach to this question. In particular, how can I related a finite positive measure to a regular integration?



Suppose $\mu$ be a finite positive measure. Let $f$ be measurable, and $g$ is an increasing function in $C^1$. I am trying to prove the following property: $\int g(f)\,d\mu = \int_0^\infty \mu\{x:\ |f(x)|>t\} g'(t)\,dt$.


Answer



Just use Fubini:
\begin{align*}
\int_0^\infty \mu\{x: |f(x)| > t\} g'(t) dt &= \int_0^\infty \int 1_{\{|f| > t\}}(x) \, g'(t) d\mu(x) dt \\
&= \int \int_0^\infty 1_{\{|f| > t\}}(x) \, g'(t) dt d\mu(x)\\
&= \int \int_0^{|f(x)|} g'(t) dt d\mu(x)\\
&= \int g(|f(x)|) - g(0) d\mu(x)

\end{align*}



So if $g(0) = 0$ and you were searching for the property with $g(|f|)$ instead of $g(f)$ this is ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...