Saturday 27 August 2016

sequences and series - What is meant by the absolute convergence of the infinite product $prodlimits_{n=1}^{infty} frac {1} {1+a_n}$?

Let $\{a_n \}$ be a sequence of real numbers. Consider the infinite product






$$\prod\limits_{n=1}^{\infty} \frac {1} {1+a_n}.$$





When do we say that the above infinite product is absolutely convergent? In the notion of an infinite series I know that a series $\sum\limits_{n=1}^{\infty} a_n$ is absolutely convergent if $\sum\limits_{n=1}^{\infty} |a_n|$ is convergent. For the case of infinite series I also know that absolute convergence implies convergence. Do all these results hold for infinite product too? Please help me in this regard.



Thank you so much for your valuable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...