Wednesday 17 August 2016

induction - Discrete Math problem




I believe this is an induction problem.



Let $a, b$ be positive integers with $a < b$. Prove that for any natural number $n$, $a^n < b^n$.



I feel I should start with a base case $n = 1$ which yields true since $a$ is already less than $b$.



Next I would implement the induction hypothesis, but I'm kinda shaky on what that is.



After that I would check the $n + 1$ case.




Could someone check and verify what I'm doing?


Answer



For $n\in\Bbb Z^+$ let $P(n)$ be the statement that $a^n

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...