Saturday 24 June 2017

algebra precalculus - can any identity involving integers be proved by mathematical induction

Hello mathematics community,



Today I was studying mathematical induction which is an axiom.



I was wondering





  1. Can "ANY" identity or inequality involving integers which is already proven can also be proved by mathematical induction?


  2. Are there any theorems which can only be proved using mathematical induction?




3.As far as I know we have first principle of mathematical induction, second principle of mathematical induction



Do we have nth principle of mathematical induction also, if yes can I know problems involving it.(n value being larger upto 10 or even more).




I dont know what tags are to be kept for this question....



Thankyou for your valuable time.



EDIT



I have found the answer for the third question and the example of such a problem is to prove the that the number of triangles in a triangulation of polygon of n sides is n-2. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9sYIWHIvNc

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...