Tuesday 27 June 2017

calculus - Imaginary part of $f_m$ tends to zero

Does anybody have an idea how to show that for $|x|< \pi$ the imaginary part of the following sequence of functions $f_m$ tends to zero for $m \rightarrow \infty.$




$$f_m(x):=\left( \frac{e^{-ix}-1}{-ix} \right)^m \left( \sum_{l \in \mathbb{Z}} \frac{\left|e^{-ix}-1 \right|^{2m}}{|x+ 2 \pi l |^{2m}} \right)^{-\frac{1}{2}}$$



So I want to show that $Im(f_m)|_{(-\pi,\pi)} \rightarrow 0.$ Unfortunately, I don't get anywhere because I don't know how to estimate the imaginary part of this product there.



The question is part of a longer proof in analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...